Virginia Street home considered total loss after overnight fire
BATON ROUGE - Fire officials say a home is a considered a total loss after an overnight fire.
The blaze was reported around 3:12 a.m. Monday at a home at the corner of Virginia Street and East Harrison Street. Firefighters arrived at the scene to find the vacant home engulfed in flames.
Crews protected an adjacent home that had begun to smolder due to the intense heat. Firefighters were able to save that home.
The home where the fire started was destroyed. Officials say the case of the fire is undetermined and under investigation.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Hundreds gather peacefully at state capitol to protest against police brutality
Free coronavirus anti-body testing for those who donate blood
Bar owners start thinking about reopening ahead of Governor's phase two announcement
Baton Rouge residents watch historic SpaceX launch
Mom and pop shops buzzing with business after shutdown