Police: Man booked in Thursday shooting also charged in June murder
BATON ROUGE - A man accused of shooting his girlfriend this week is facing even more charges after he admitted to having a role in a deadly shooting that happened earlier this year.
The Baton Rouge Police Department arrested 21-year-old Christopher Golmond on charges of attempted second-degree murder and obstruction of justice in the Thursday shooting on Monet Drive.
Investigators say Golmond was seen putting a 20-year-old female into a vehicle and fleeing the scene. The female victim later arrived at a local hospital in critical condition.
On Friday, police said Golmond later admitted to shooting the female victim, who he identified as his girlfriend, and disposing of the weapon.
Golmond was additionally charged with first-degree murder after he admitted to his involvement in the killing of Deontre Phillip on June 12.
He was booked into the East Baton Rouge Parish Prison.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Students and parents prepare for a virtual school year in EBR Parish
Reports: Fall college football on shaky ground, Power 5 ponders postponing season
Police investigate shooting at Congress Blvd. condo complex
Schools in Ascension Parish preparing for first day of class on Monday
Trailer containing original artwork, said to be worth thousands, allegedly stolen from...