Overloaded electrical outlet sparks house fire on Mohican Street
BATON ROUGE - Crews with the Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to a house fire Sunday night.
The fire was reported around 8 o'clock Sunday evening in the 3700 block of Mohican Street near N. 38th.
Fire crews tell WBRZ the fire was caused by an overloaded electrical outlet, which set the kitchen and dining room ablaze. The fire was contained within 8 minutes.
Two people were able to escape unharmed.
The total estimated damage to the home is valued at $30,000. Red Cross was called to assist.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Livingston Parish looking to crack down on duplicate tax exemptions
Ascension Parish man frustrated after rats from abandon property invade home
Witness: Child found on floor of apartment bathroom after self-inflicted shooting
Department of Health giving out free flu shots Thursday
Child injured, transported in shooting at Baton Rouge apartment