Clothes dryer causes house fire near Government Street, says BRFD
BATON ROUGE - A house located off of Government Street caught fire Saturday morning due to a clothes dryer.
Around 8:20 a.m. the Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to the 450 block of Finchley near Government Street in regards to a house fire.
When firefighters arrived on scene they found the laundry room in flames. Before fire crews could get the fire under control it spread to the kitchen.
The rest of the home received some smoke damage.
No one was injured.
According to BRFD, the fire was caused by a malfunction in the clothes dryer.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Dennis Perkins, accused of child molestation and related charges, to appear in...
Free COVID-19 vaccinations available to North Baton Rouge residents Friday, Saturday
Biden administration carries out first military action with US airstrike in Syria
If approved, Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine could arrive in Louisiana next...
Students sent to hospital after 13-year-old brings drug-laced treats to school